Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Our Engagement Story


Amy's version of the story:
It was E-A-R-L-Y on October 3rd, 2009...as in "before 5:00" AM early. I had been teasing Jason that he takes longer than me to get ready, and I was being a "brat" to get us out of the door on time. I just wanted to be one of the first 100 people in the door at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago-- so that we could get a Sea Otter Appreciation Week pin and to beat the crowd to the aquarium (I don't pretend not to be a nerd anymore). I thought it was odd for one of the few times in almost 3 years of dating, Jason took only around 15 minutes to get ready. He went to go get his car, and said he'd be back in a couple minutes. I immediately thought I was running late, put my bag by the front door, and was turning off lights and frantically doing the "final apartment check" prior to leaving town.

I was down to 1 light left on in my apartment minus my blue LED nightlight in my hallway. This is when Jason comes in and says "Happy 35-month anniversary Sweetheart." I had honestly forgotten (it would have hit me once we were in the car & I had caffeine in my system). I hugged him, gave him a kiss and said "Aww, you too honey." And proceeded to turn off the last light, assuming that we were getting ready to walk out the door. I then realized that he was on the floor. I then was worried and thinking "oh my gosh, did he just fall?!?!" Just when I started to help him up off of his knees, I realized there was something incredibly sparkly in his hand that was glowing almost neon blue from the blue LED nightlight. He then asked me to marry him...and I said "Of Course." :-)

Jason's version of the story:
At 4:57 AM on Oct. 3rd, 35 months to the day we started dating and 3 minutes until the start of a wonderful weekend in Chicago, in the electric glow of a blue LED night light I bent down on one knee and asked Amy if she'd marry me. She said yes.

Jason's version is a lot more romantic--and makes me seem to be less of a spazz.  But our engagement story is very Us. :-P.  All-in-all though...he made me a very happy girl :-). 

~Amy

1 comment:

  1. Haaaah! Love it! :) This is sooo great! I love that y'all posted the "Jason version" of the story!!!

    ReplyDelete